Skilled Medical is seeking applications on behalf of Goulburn Valley Health (GVH) for the position of Chief Medical Officer(CMO) based in Shepparton, Victoria.
This is an excellent senior executive career opportunity to help enhance the delivery of rural health services in the Goulburn Valley communities in Northern Victoria.
This position offers an exciting role for a registered medical practitioner with postgraduate qualifications in management. (FRACMA, MBA or equivalent) and proven leadership experience in a healthcare environment.
The CMO will be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key responsibilities include:
• Professional leadership of the medical workforce, across all operational areas and facilities of GVH.
• Strategic and management advice to the Chief Executive Officer with a focus on the engagement of medical staff in the operations and strategic directions of the health service.
• Professional governance oversight of all medical staff including appointment, credentialing, defining scope of clinical practice and professional development of senior medical staff and all facets of management of the junior medical workforce.
• Leadership of GVH's clinical governance functions, including safety and quality programs, accreditation, medico-legal issues, and incident management.
• In consultation with the CEO and other members of the Executive provision of high level strategic clinical advice as required by the Board, Executive and government departments and agencies including recommendations for continuing growth in the delivery of clinical services.
• Close liaison with the co-located University of Melbourne Rural Clinical School and the Office of Research.
Goulburn Valley Health (GVH) is the Regional Referral Hospital and Health Service for the Hume Region in Northern Victoria, with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth. GVH also provides a range of acute, mental health, aged and primary health and community support services at a number of additional sites across the region.
The position will be based in Shepparton, two hours’ drive from Melbourne in the heart of the Goulburn Valley. Greater Shepparton is well known for its great food and fresh produce such a locally grown cherries, apples, pears, grapes and olives. The region offers an eclectic mix of arts, sporting and cultural experiences
An attractive Executive Specialist remuneration and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful candidate in accordance with the Victorian Public Health Sector Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement.
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist medical professionals with locum/temp and permanent placements.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with years of industry experience and is dedicated to assisting medical professionals in their work and careers.
Enquiries and Applications
To discuss this opportunity and/or to receive of a copy of the Position Description please contact Melissa Houston at Skilled Medical on Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 1300 900 100.
Applications should include a cover letter, a current CV and a statement addressing the key requirements for the position as detailed in the Position Description and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Applications should be submitted by COB Wednesday 31st October 2018.