Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $97,708 - $100,979 per annum, pro rata
Hours Per Week: 32
Requisition ID: REQ70187
Applications Close: 9 November 2018
Excellent continuing professional development
Where you will be working
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) – South West Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service (SWBIRS) provides rehabilitation services for people with mild, moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is provided by a multidisciplinary team who have experience in cognitive rehabilitation and community re-entry. The service is based in Albury with a spoke site in Wagga, and comprises of a community outreach rehabilitation services and a 4-bed transitional living unit (TLU) in Albury. This position can be based in Lavington or Wagga Wagga.
What you will be doing
The Social Worker will provide psychosocial assessment, general and adjustment counselling, information and advocacy to clients and their families within a client centred framework. The Social Worker will work with clients in the Transitional Living Unit and across Murrumbidgee Local Health District as an outreach service, services will be provided both direct and through telehealth. The primary role is to work with adults with acquired brain injury however there will be requirement to work with children and their families.
- Degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge, skills and experience in social work assessment and intervention, within a specialist rehabilitation or mental health (recovery) setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of community based brain injury rehabilitation.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.