Employment Type: Temporary Full Time up to the period 30th of June 2020
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 1
Remuneration: $1391.20 - $1871.44
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70171
Where you'll be working
The Cancer Information Manager role is based at Royal North Shore Hospital within the Cancer Centre as part of the NSLHD Cancer and Palliative Care Network. The position is a full time, temporary up to 30 June 2020.
Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community
wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building
partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and
We build teams and health services that embrace our
Openness, Respect and Empowerment (CORE). Our CORE values and the
behaviours that underpin them, shape the way we work together, with our
patients and consumers, to deliver excellent health and wellbeing. If you’d
like to be part of our journey we want to hear from you.
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workforce Health and Safety,
Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal people
are encouraged to apply and, where found suitable, will be given higher
What you'll be doing
Together with other staff within the Cancer Information team, implement and maintain the NSW Cancer Registry database within NSLHD;developing a culture of continuous data quality improvement including diagnosis, morphology, stage and treatment information;promotion of a secure and confidential information environment;ability to meet routine and exceptional reporting requirements;and contribute to the compilation and implementation of data and information policies and procedures
must abide by the NSW Health Code of
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants and
applicants for positions designated as Category A will be required to obtain
required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.
will need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- A degree in Health Information Management or Health Informatics, or qualifications in Clinical Coding, Nursing, Allied Health or Biomedical Sciences or equivalent work experience in Cancer Services, Health Information Management or a combination of study and work experience.
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new databases. A working knowledge of the NSW Cancer Registry data requirements and a demonstrated ability to use PC based computer software applications simultaneously.
- Well-developed analytical and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, handle multiple tasks and manage competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player with flexibility and willingness to participate in all activities to get things done.
- Commitment to processes which monitor and enhance the quality and completeness of cancer and palliative care data and reporting.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Elizabeth Penman on Elizabeth.Penman@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 08 November 2018