Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist/Social Worker Level 1/2
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70005
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital is currently looking for a permanent full time Community Mental Health Clinician!
Where you'll be working
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH) is a major metropolitan tertiary referral hospital and a principal provider of specialist healthcare. It remains one of the nation’s most respected hospitals, with a distinguished history serving the health needs of local, state wide, national and international communities.
What you'll be doing
The Assertive Outreach Teams are tertiary level community mental health teams providing care coordinated services to consumers diagnosed with a severe and enduring mental illness and who require an enhanced level of support to sustain living in the community.
There are two assertive outreach teams within SLHD.
1. The Assertive Outreach Team (AOT) based at Croydon Community Health Centre provides services to those living in the Canterbury and Croydon areas.
2. The Mobile Assertive Treatment Team (MATT) based at the Camperdown Community Health Centre provides services to those living in the Camperdown, Marrickville and Redfern areas.
The AOTs provide coordination and clinical services for identified supported housing programs.
The clinician will practice in keeping with the standardised Sydney LHD position description for the profession in addition to this position description. The clinician will provide discipline specific and targeted assessments or interventions.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications appropriate to profession. Full registration and eligibility for membership to professional association, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated competencies to provide contemporary mental health practice.
- Understanding of and commitment to recovery oriented services and consumer involvement in service provision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with GPs, Service partners and external providers.
- Demonstrated effective work practices including time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in skills in computer use.
- Unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence (P2 licence acceptable).
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.