: Temporary Full Time (Up to 24 months)Position Classification
: Health Mgr Lvl 4Remuneration
: $124277 - $148690 (excluding superannuation)Hours Per Week
: 38Requisition ID
Where you’ll be working
eHealth NSW is responsible for the delivery of digital solutions for clinical care and business services, supported by smart infrastructure, providing a digitally enabled and integrated health system that delivers quality patient-centred health experiences to the people of NSW. We help provide smarter, safer and better ways of delivering healthcare, enabling clinicians to access information digitally regardless of where in NSW a patient lives or presents for treatment. For more information please visit www.ehealth.nsw.gov.auWhat you'll be doing
The Opportunity Manager, Service Transitions Program leads the development and management of the ICT opportunity pipeline of service transitions to eHealth NSW.
We are looking for:
Extensive experience, and an outstanding record of achievement, in leading the development of ICT opportunity management in a complex ICT services environment.
Extensive experience, and a record of achievement, in performance of ICT strategy and investment in a complex environment, including strong knowledge in ICT investment processes.
- Expert experience with developing business cases and financial and economic appraisals for business cases.
- Experience managing departmental, program and project budgets and costs.
- Exceptional analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret complex information from numerous sources, prepare and present analysis and reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused solutions. This includes extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in communication, analytical and decision making.
- Substantial experience in developing business cases for large ICT investments and a working knowledge and understanding of investment management and value management practices, including prioritisation, benefits realisation and investment evaluations.
- Proven high level interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders and customers to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Proven capacity to contribute to and implement strategic initiatives, including the capability to plan, manage change, improve performance and project manage.
eHealth NSW values diversity.
If you are a person with disability and require information or specific arrangements to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Disability Employment Leader by email HSNSW-DisabilityEmployment@health.nsw.gov.au
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person and would like some more information about applying for a role within eHealth NSW, please contact one of our Aboriginal Workforce Consultants on 1800 004 546 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be asked to complete psychometric assessment (e.g. a personality and cognitive abilities assessments) in the recruitment process for this position.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Richard Davies on Richard.Davies2@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 12th of November 2018