Employment Type: Temporary Full Time up to February 2019
Position Classification: Administrative Officer Level 3
Remuneration: $1,114.07 - $1,150.75 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70544
Do you want to be part of the Sydney Local Health District team?
Where you'll be working
Concord Repatriation General Hospital
Concord is one of the premier teaching hospitals in NSW, providing secondary, tertiary and quaternary level services to patients and their families from across Sydney, NSW and Australia. Concord Hospital also provides a specialised state-wide burns service.
What you'll be doing
The Ambulatory Care Business Unit provides administrative services to a variety of Outpatient and Private Clinics. To service these clinics Administration Staff need to be flexible to work in a variety of clinics as required.
This position is responsible for delivering a high standard of administrative support to the Ambulatory Care Business Unit operations including administrative support for front line clinics, both outpatient and private.
- Previous experience in an administrative setting with established high level computer literacy and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare billing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong interpersonal skills including ability to liaise with a wide range of staff and clients.
- Strong understanding of patient confidentiality guidelines and staff obligations regarding same.
- Excellent organisational skills with the capacity to work under pressure, maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to work according to the Ambulatory Care Business unit requirements; working in a variety of clinics and variable working times. E.g. 7:30 – 4pm, 8am-4:30pm, 8:30am – 5:00pm, 9am – 5:30pm where required.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology or certificate demonstrating completion of same.
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.