: Permanent Full Time or Permanent Part Time-job share considered
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 1
Remuneration: $72,591 - $82,143 pa
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70532
Applications Close: 15 November 2018
Where you will be working
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is that all people across our diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence.
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to - and it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. For more information visit our website.
What you'll be doing
The Clinical Coding Manager plans, develops, implements and delivers clinical coding audits, education and mentoring to clinical coders and other clinical staff to ensure accurate documentation and data capture for a complete medical record to meet patient safety and activity based funding requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in Clinical Coding at an HIMAA Advanced level using ICD -10-AM.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the DRG Classification and ABF with experience in developing effective strategies to address issues arising in an Activity Based Funding and Management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in providing education to a range of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quality improvement activities, including auditing, analysis and resolution of data quality issues.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with a focus on building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholder groups.
- High level computer literacy with experience in a computerised patient administration system and 3M Code Finder plus sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to enable to undertake reports and presentations.
- Evidence of a current, unrestricted class C driver’s licence. Ability and willingness to travel for work purposes. This may involve driving long distances and overnight stays as required.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au