Employment Type: Permanent - hours negotiable up to Full Time
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 4
Remuneration: $124 277 - $148 690 per annum
Hours Per Week: up to 38 - negotiable
Requisition ID: REQ70531
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal
employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its
workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to
apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait
Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and
Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable
permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this
position following suitable labour market testing.
Where you'll be working
This position will be based within the Mental Health Unit at Kogarah with some travel to Prince of Wales Hospital and The Sutherland Hospital as required.
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
To provide clinical leadership, expertise, strategic direction and ongoing service development in Specialist Mental Health Services for Older People (SMHSOP) within the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD).
To provide leadership and coordination in the implementation of key NSW strategic directions related to mental health partnerships within the LHD.
To monitor and improve clinical practices through clinical governance, benchmarking, quality activities and practice improvement initiatives.
To provide leadership and direction in partnership development, including streamlining processes around referral pathways, discharge planning, care coordination and communication across services
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications or experience in mental health services
- Superior leadership and management skills relevant to partnership development and older persons' mental health
- Understanding and commitment to Commonwealth, State wide and SESLHD MHS policies and strategic direction
- Awareness of, and contribution to State-wide and local mental health policies
- Demonstrated strategic planning, service development skills and an understanding of clinical governance processes and systems
- Demonstrated clinical leadership skills and comprehensive understanding of contemporary practice in older persons' mental health and partnership development
- Demonstrated high level communication and negotiation skills
- Current NSW Drivers' License (Class C)