Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $1200.09 - $1685.10 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70503
Applications Close: 1 November 2018
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the RoleThe Registered Nurse (RN) Chronic and Complex Care (CACC) provides a range of services to individuals, carers and families, with the aim of maintaining and/or improving their health.
The RN CACC is responsible for the provision of high quality nursing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care using evidence based best practice guidelines underpinned by the principles of Primary Health Care as part of a collaborative partnership with clients, families/carers and other key stakeholders (including the clients GP).
Services include; Wound Management, Palliative Care, Chronic Disease Management and Continence Management and are provided in a range of community settings including client’s homes and clinics in various locations. Staff will be rostered across all clinical areas.
The RN CACC is responsible for the supervision of Enrolled Nurses and the delegation of appropriate clinical care within the Enrolled Nurse Scope of Practice.
Chronic and Complex Care Registered Nurses provide:
- To provide support, assessment, treatment and ongoing management to people with chronic illness to improve, restore and/or maintain their levels of function
- To provide coordinated community management of complex, high risk older persons, and individuals with chronic illness and co-morbidities, by utilising planned and coordinated best practice approaches to care, across service settings and the care continuum
- To provide safe and effective client-centred nursing care to the clients and carers of Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
- To ensure optimal outcomes for patients/clients and carers of the service through the promotion of best practice including the appropriate escalation of care
- To work collaboratively utilising effective team communication with members of the multidisciplinary health team in the planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation of patient care
- To act as an advocate for the specific needs of all clients and carers including those from the indigenous population or other multi-cultural groups providing appropriate care to the client undergoing specialised procedures
- To maintain and promote a professional standard evidenced by ethical nursing practice, adherence to the policies and procedures of the Nursing and Midwifery Service, NBMLHD and the appropriate legislation and statutory regulations
- To provide support and clinical preceptorship/mentoring to all staff and students
- To effectively manage resources relevant to the service
- Primarily based at Lawson but required to work across multiple sites and areas according to service need
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria.
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
Current registration as Registered Nurse Level 1 with AHPRA
Demonstrated recent experience and clinical skill in general nursing as a registered nurse (including Completion of a new graduate RN program or 12 months full time equivalent experience working as a Registered Nurse)
Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work and an ability to effectively work both within a team and autonomously
Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide person centred care and an ability to liaise with other health professionals to facilitate case management and care planning
Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated commitment to professional development, evidence based practice and an awareness of changes within the health care environment
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to utilise information technology systems within a variety of applications (e.g. Cerner) and commitment to undertake training in electronic health record systems as required
Current NSW State driver's licence (including P1 or above) and willingness to use for work purposes. This may include driving long distances across the LHD