Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Dependent on Qualification Level 1/2
Remuneration: $31.58 - $49.65
Hours Per Week: 32
Requisition ID: REQ70417
Applications are invited from Registered Nurses who are committed to working within a recovery oriented, assertive outreach model with people seriously affected by mental illness. The position is based at the Royal North Shore Community Mental Health Centre and involves weekend and evening shifts.
Where you'll be working
Northern Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and wellbeing.”
We build teams and health services that embrace our values; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment (CORE). Our CORE values and the behaviours that underpin them, shape the way we work together, with our patients and consumers, to deliver excellent health and wellbeing. If you’d like to be part of our journey we want to hear from you.
NSLHD is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workforce Health and Safety, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply and, where found suitable, will be given higher priority.
What you'll be doing
Each person’s unique journey of recovery will be supported by mental health drug and alcohol services in a way that fosters hope, purpose and resilience.
MHDA Statement of Intention
The intention of the NSLHD MHDA is to provide recovery-oriented, trauma informed services that are guided by evidence based practices and collaboration.
To provide nursing and health services as a member of a multi-disciplinary community mental health team which offers triage, assessment, treatment, ongoing case management and discharge planning services to individuals in Northern Sydney Local Health Districts.
Employees must abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct. Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants and applicants for positions designated as Category A will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrate these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Registration with relevant professional body or eligibility for membership of the relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated skills in the assessment and care co-ordination of consumers who are seriously affected by mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver recovery focused interventions that are evidence based and evaluated.
- Demonstrated understanding of community mental health services including the NSW Mental Health Act.
- High level written and verbal communication skills & computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team.
- A current holder of a NSW Drivers Licence.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Karen Barfoot on 02 9448 3270 or Karen.Barfoot@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 6 November 2018