Employment Type: Temporary Full Time or Part Time (December 2018 - June 2020)
Position Classification: Podiatrist Level 3
Remuneration: $97,708 - $100,979 per annum or pro rata
Hours Per Week: 38 or Job Share
Requisition ID: REQ70386
Vaccination Category: A
Applications Close: 30 October 2018
Jump on board. We are waiting to have you part of our team
Where you will be working
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with 300 beds over 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations each year. With the new hospital being built in 2016.
WWBH provides medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, rehabilitation, and mental health acute and sub-acute inpatient services. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics. There is also the provision of a full range of allied health and support services.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Wagga Wagga
What you will be doing
The Allied Health Professional is an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team, providing quality services to patients/ clients of the Murrumbidgee Local Health District in order to meet their health and wellbeing needs.
The Level 3 Podiatrist has recognised high level clinical skills enabling them to work across a range of clinical areas within their discipline and is able to perform novel, complex and critical clinical services to patients, families and carers with a high level of professional knowledge.
The Level 3 Podiatrist operates autonomously with minimum direct clinical supervision and has a consultative role within their area of speciality.
The Level 3 Podiatrist has an operational/supervisory role within the team, including planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting on clinical services and is involved in the implementation of MLHD protocols, initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in Podiatry and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated expert clinical knowledge and post-graduate experience in the management of high risk foot pathology (including ulceration, infection, neuro- arthropathy, and post-amputation management).
- Demonstrated experience in clinical and team leadership, including experience in staff and student supervision.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.