Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Educator
Remuneration: $95,199.8 - $98,288.77
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70316
Application Close: 31 October 2018
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the Role
- The CNE is required to identify learning needs and to plan, develop, deliver and evaluate clinical education programs at unit/team level that facilitate recovery focused and trauma informed mental health nursing care that is family inclusive and culturally sensitive
- The provision of direct clinical care by the CNE should be for the purpose of providing clinical education to other employees
- Direct clinical care shall be limited to emergency circumstances only
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria.
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse – Division 1 with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Recognised mental health nursing qualifications
- Recent and extensive clinical experience in mental health including demonstrated experience in providing recovery focused and trauma informed mental health nursing care that is family inclusive and culturally sensitive
- Demonstrated ability to identify learning needs and to plan, develop, deliver and evaluate education
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work in a consultative manner
- Demonstrated previous experience in clinical teaching, mentoring and preceptorship
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a team environment
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence Class C
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Alana Kelly via email Alana.Kelly@health.nsw.gov.au