Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Multi-Disciplinary
Remuneration: Dependent on qualifications
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ70268
The Far West Local Health District makes up the western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia, Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated resident population of 30,099, employing over 800 staff across 10 facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness Respect, and Empowerment.
Are you up for living and working in the beautiful and rural NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting? Check us out at http://bit.ly/fwlhdcareers. You can also find us on Facebook.What you'll be doing
Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Clinicians perform specialist mental health and drug and alcohol assessment, care planning and case management services for people experiencing mental health and drug and alcohol problems.
Skills and Knowledge
- Recognised degree/qualification in health or behavioural science such as Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Health Science (with eligibility for NSW Registration/Professional Association where relevant) with a minimum of two years clinical experience in mental health.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both written and verbal, with intermediate computer skills, including use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person centred care patient care.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team with a commitment to working with service partners, including carers and NGO's.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that engenders mutual respect in a cross cultural environment.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, and willingness to apply and share professional expertise with colleagues.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to ethical practice and the recovery model for patient centred care.
- Current licence to drive in NSW.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Vanessa Smith on Vanessa.Smith@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 1/11/2018