Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $62,619 - $87,926 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64996
Previous applicants need not reapply
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
South Western Sydney is an exciting, interesting and dynamic place to live and work. South Western Sydney is home to a mixture of metropolitan and rural communities which is culturally diverse. South Western Sydney has a very significant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community, especially in Campbelltown, Wollondilly, Camden, Wingecarribee and Liverpool.
Transforming Your Experience is SWSLHDs key strategy to positively transform how our patients, consumers, staff and communities experience our organisation and services. Our vision is that our care is always safe, high quality and personalised and all our staff are supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. SWSLHD upholds the CORE Values – Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. The Transforming Your Experience Strategy provides us with a clear direction for working together to deliver safe and high quality health services and build the health of our communities – now and into the future.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
South Western Sydney Local Health District is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
Where you'll be working:
Primary & Community Health refers to a range of community based prevention, early intervention, assessment, acute/post-acute treatment, health maintenance and continuing care services designed to improve or maintain the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities.
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse will provide safe, compassionate, quality, person centred care and work in collaboration with patients/families/carers and a multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and outcomes.
South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD) is focused on achieving our Vision of Leading Care, healthier communities. All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model, promoting a culture that supports practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
The vision of SWSLHD Nursing and Midwifery Service is Compassionate Nursing and Midwifery Care Always, through leading effective workplace cultures that improve the patient experience.
- Demonstrated recent experience as a Registered Nurse in an environment appropriate to the relevant speciality
- Demonstrated ability to provide safe compassionate quality care that is culturally responsive
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with clients/consumers, carers and the multidisciplinary health care team to identify and ensure responsiveness of care needs
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner and personally resolve conflicts when they arise
- Demonstrated evidence of the use of critical thinking as it relates to the delivery of evidenced based nursing care
- Demonstrated understanding and participation in risk management, work health and safety and quality improvement in the workplace
- Child and Family Health nursing qualifications or commitment to obtain in first 12 months, with relevant experience
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers licence (P2 Licence Acceptable) subject to obtaining NSW drivers licence within 3 months of appointment.
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Erika Lehner on Erika.Lehner@health.nsw.gov.au or 02 4640 3515
Applications Close: 04/11/2018
Interview Date Range: 05.11.2018 - 09.11.2018