Employment Type: Temporary Full Time until 28 January 2020
Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Level 6
Remuneration: $2352.75 to $2412.54 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ69171
The position of Deputy Head, Occupational Therapy, NSRHS, provides leadership to a major OT Team within the Occupational Therapy Department, NSRHS. The position also provides occupational therapy services to an in-patient caseload commensurate with managerial responsibilities.
The position also holds department wide responsibilities and works in close collaboration with the Department Head to ensure effective and safe service delivery across NSRHS. The Deputy deputises for the Department Head.
Where you'll be working
Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community
wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building
partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and
We build teams and health services that embrace our
Openness, Respect and Empowerment (CORE). Our CORE values and the
behaviours that underpin them, shape the way we work together, with our
patients and consumers, to deliver excellent health and wellbeing. If you’d
like to be part of our journey we want to hear from you.
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workforce Health and Safety,
Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal people
are encouraged to apply and, where found suitable, will be given higher
What you'll be doing
The Occupational Therapist will develop, plan, implement and evaluate the occupational therapy service within the unit and district. The incumbent will deliver, manage and direct the delivery of services in a complex clinical setting.
The Occupational Therapist will manage all occupational therapy staff within the unit, ensuring service is competent and meets organisational needs and expectations.
must abide by the NSW Health Code of
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants and
applicants for positions designated as Category A will be required to obtain
required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.
will need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Registration with the Occupational Board, APHRA and previously demonstrated experience at a senior level in management activities including staff/student supervision and development, quality improvement activities and program / service development.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to further education, in particular in the management area.
- Proven experience in initiation and development of quality improvement activities including outcome measures.
- Understanding of WH&S & EEO principles.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Megan Yeo on Megan.Yeo@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 6 November 2018