Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Dependent on qualifications
Remuneration: $66,233.00 - $100,979.00
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ69168
Application Close: 2nd November 2018
Location: Lithgow Community Health Centre
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the Role
Provide a high quality psychosocial service including comprehensive assessments and a range of therapeutic interventions for clients of Child and Family services.
Dependant on qualifications you'll be classified as the following:
- Health and Community Psychologists (State) Award - Psychologist
- NSW Health Service Professionals (State) Award- Social Worker Level 3
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria.
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Psychologists; Degree in Psychology with full registration with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Social Workers; Degree in Social Work with eligible for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Demonstrated experience in the provision in a range of clinical services, requiring advanced practice skills, to a variety of client groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision with the ability to identifying opportunities and implement improvements in clinical practice across psychosocial and multidisciplinary service delivery.
- Experience in providing clinical supervision, consultation and demonstrated ability to apply professional knowledge and judgement when performing novel, complex or critical tasks
- Experience working with a high level of cultural competence with people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, those who are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and/ or come from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to practise within a Primary Health Care framework, including building effective partnerships with other relevant government, non-government and community organisations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management, and computer skills
- Current NSW State drivers Licence (including P1 or above) and willingness to use for work purposes. This may include driving long distances across the LHD.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Lucinda Newell via email Lucinda.Newell@Health.nsw.gov.au