Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 5
Remuneration: $65,126.00 - $66,677.00 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ69752
Applications Close: 8 November 2018
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the Role
To provide, develop and maintain optimum secretarial and receptionist support to the Women & Children's Health Unit at Nepean Hospital.
The incumbent is required to have a working knowledge of office systems and procedures, a high standard of typing and an ability to meet tight deadlines. Computer skills and with the ability to provide management with appropriate reports. Confidentiality to all matters relating to the position is essential and flexibility to extend the role on occasion is required.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FVDzrwYZI
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NepeanBlueMtsLHD
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website: http://www.nbmlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria.
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Demonstrated administrative and clerical support skill including skills in the use of varied computer packages and the ability to acquire new skills
- Demonstrated communication skills incorporating the abilities of courtesy, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to coordinate workload
- Ability to maintain databases and produce regular timely reports
- Thorough working knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and utilize discretion, meet deadlines, prioritise and work as an efficient team member
- Demonstrated basic understanding of contemporary human resource management issues including workplace health and safety, employment equity and anti discrimination
- Communicate effectively with other health care workers as required