Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Consultant Gde 2
Remuneration: $114,458.91 - $116,733.9 p.a
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64207
The CNC, Custodial Mental Health provides a complex and diverse nursing consultancy service to consumers, carers, and other services within JH&FMHN that enables the provision of contemporary, high quality, person-centred clinical nursing practice for consumers with mental disorders in correctional centres. The position provides clinical leadership, education, and training to other staff members of Custodial Mental Health.
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is a state-wide Specialty Health Network delivering health care to adults and young people in contact with the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems across community, inpatient and custodial settings.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic applicant to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. Challenge yourself; why not consider working within our unique health care environment.
· We offer great Salary packaging and Fitness Passport to eligible staff to enhance benefits.
· Additional Allowances apply to this position - $3.4704 per hour
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Must have at least five years full time equivalent post registration experience with at least three years full time equivalent experience in mental health, and an approved postgraduate nursing qualification relevant to mental health.
- Sound knowledge of the principals of risk assessment and management and experience in managing consumers with complex presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and independently, where required.
- Excellent high level written and oral communication skills, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Capacity to initiate in research projects with the ability to apply research findings into clinical practice.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation, and review of clinical policy or procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of the JH&FMHN values.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Catherine Hancock on Catherine.Hancock@justicehealth.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 20 September 2018