: Permanent Full TimePosition Classification
: Hospital Assist Grade 2Remuneration
: $48,498 - $48,498Hours Per Week
: 38Requisition ID
Where you’ll be working
HealthShare NSW provides support services to the NSW health system. An organisation of over 6,500 staff, our services include food and patient support, linen, patient transport, procurement and logistics, and financial and employee transactions. We are the largest provider of these services in Australia. For more information please visit www.healthshare.nsw.gov.au
HealthShare NSW values diversity.
If you are a person with disability and require information or specific arrangements to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Disability Employment Leader by email HSNSW-DisabilityEmployment@health.nsw.gov.au
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person and would like some more information about applying for a role within HealthShare NSW, please contact one of our Aboriginal Workforce Consultants on 1800 004 546 or by email email@example.com
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination
This is a NSW Health Category A position. All Category A applicants must read, understand and agree to comply with Policy Directive PD2011_005 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specified Diseases. Preferred applicants must provide evidence of protection against specified diseases prior to appointment and medical practitioner costs to determine protection is covered by the applicant.
Preferred applicants must also participate in a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (PEHA) prior to appointment. What you'll be doing
The Waste Operative is responsible for providing a reliable, efficient and effective waste collection service for Royal North Shore Hospital.
The Waste Services Officer performs services of the highest possible standard in order to meet the expectations of NSW Health, Work Health & Safety compliance and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
Need more information?
- Be physically fit and be experienced in performing repetitive manual handling tasks.
- Understanding and knowledge of Infection Control and safe use of cleaning chemicals.
- Proven ability in all aspects of waste handling / collection, recycling and cleaning services in a large scale or commercial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and as a team member.
- Willing and prepared to undertake training and education and be flexible to work on a rotating and changing roster.
- Ability to follow and adhere to a schedule of waste handling / collection in accordance with the hospital’s requirements.
- Dress appropriately and neatly at all times and adhere to personal protective equipment.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral and proven customer service skills.
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Lolita Hutchinson on Lolita.Hutchinson@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 11 September 2018