Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Speech Pathologist Level 1/2
Remuneration: $62,702 - $90,843 Per Annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64184
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
An excellent opportunity is available for a motivated and talented speech pathologist to join the Liverpool Hospital Speech Pathology Department working in the paediatric team. The position will work with children with a variety of predominantly communication and also feeding difficulties.
Western Sydney is an exciting, interesting and dynamic place to live and work.
South Western Sydney is home to a mixture of metropolitan and rural
communities which is culturally diverse. South Western Sydney has a very
significant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community, especially in
Campbelltown, Wollondilly, Camden, Wingecarribee and Liverpool.
Transforming Your Experience is SWSLHDs key strategy to
positively transform how our patients, consumers, staff and communities
experience our organisation and services. Our vision is that our care is always
safe, high quality and personalised and all our staff are supported and
empowered to achieve their full potential. SWSLHD upholds the CORE Values –
Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. The Transforming Your
Experience Strategy provides us with a clear direction for working together to
deliver safe and high quality health services and build the health of our
communities – now and into the future.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sydney Local Health District is an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and
inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with
disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised
positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the
time of your application.
Where you'll be working:
Hospital is the major health service for South Western Sydney providing
services to the local government area of Liverpool City Council as well as
district services to residents and visitors in the area. It also provides a
range of statewide services in areas such as critical care and trauma, neonatal
intensive care and brain injury rehabilitation.
City and South Western Sydney is home to people from diverse cultures,
religions and languages, making our community vibrant and exciting. We are
situated in one of the fastest-growing regions in Australia and sit within an
education and health precinct which includes the Ingham Institute of Applied
Medical Research, a Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre, the Clinical Schools
of the University of NSW and University of Western Sydney, Sydney South West.
What you'll be doing:
To provide a high quality speech pathology service to patients/clients and their carers to ensure optimal health outcomes. This encompasses ensuring effective and efficient assessment and intervention in a multidisciplinary setting. The speech pathologist is also responsible for undertaking designated non-clinical tasks to support service delivery including clinical supervision, quality improvement activities and administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge, post graduate experience and skills in the assessment and management of paediatric clients with a variety of predominantly communication and also feeding difficulties.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in working with clients from a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to implement the quality improvement process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer literacy and time management.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development and commitment to evidence based practice.
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers licence (P2 Licence Acceptable) subject to obtaining NSW drivers licence within 3 months of appointment.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Tia Croft on 0422 007 995 or email Tia.Croft@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 16/09/2018
Interview Date Range: 17/09/2018 - 21/09/2018