Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Temporary contract until 01/10/2019
Position Classification: Social Worker Lvl 3
Remuneration: $97708 - $100979 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64180
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and specialised multidisciplinary team in the area of Peritonectomy services at St George Hospital.
This role will appeal to an innovative and independent practitioner who is looking to develop and expand their clinical skills and ability with inpatients, outpatients, and clients from a geographically diverse population.
Where you'll be working
This position as based at St George Hospital, Kogarah.
What you'll be doing
Plan, coordinate, and implement in-depth levels of clinical expertise and extensive specialised knowledge within Peritonectomy Services in order to provide high quality counseling, advocacy and therapeutic care to the patients, their carers and families consistent with NSW Health, South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is committed to improving the care provided to our patients in line with our vision of Working together to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
You will be providing supervision to level 1 / 2 social work staff and students as the opportunity arises.
This role also entails to participation and leadership in research and quality improvement initiatives.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Qualifications in accordance with Schedule C of the NSW Health Service Health Professionals (State) Award and eligibility for membership of the AASW.
2. Extensive post graduate clinical experience in relevant specialty area with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
3. Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
4. Ability to provide in-depth advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence, with the capacity to provide clinical supervision to other staff
5. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning skills and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel, complex or critical nature
6. Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff
7. Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise your own and team work requirements effectively within agreed time frames
8. Demonstrated experience in providing crisis interventions and the ability to participate in the After Hours Crisis On-Call Social Work Service
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Belinda Hocking, Critical Care Team Leader at Belinda.Hocking@health.nsw.gov.au or 91132494
Applications Close: 14 September 2018