Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Lvl 1
Remuneration: 62702 - 73818
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64178
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal
employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce.
As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This
includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People,
People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable
permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this
position following suitable labour market testing.
This dynamic position provides general leave relief cover to the St George Hospital Social Work Department Monday-Wednesday and is the Respiratory Social Worker Thursday-Friday.
Where you'll be working
You will be based at St George Hospital, Kogarah.
What you'll be doing
The vision for South
Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional people, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed
to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best
possible compassionate care when people need it.
Plan, coordinate and deliver high quality Social Work care to patients, families and carers consistent with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
- Qualifications in accordance with Schedule C of the NSW Health Service Health Professionals (State) Award providing eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Demonstrated core competency skills in psychosocial assessments, individual and family casework, crisis intervention, counselling, advocacy and discharge planning.
- A good knowledge of community resources and experience liaising with community organisations.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience
- Computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
- Understanding of crisis interventions and the ability to participate in the After Hours Crisis On-Call Social Work Service
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Patrick Dunn on Patrick.Dunn@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 19th September 2018