Applications Close: 16 September 2018
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Telephonist Level 3
Remuneration: $59,249 - $60,500
Hours Per Week: 4
Requisition ID: REQ64170
What you'll be doing
This position provides receptionist (front desk) and telephonist (COMMS) support within the Emergency Department. The incumbent is required to:
- Provide effective front line customer service for the Emergency Department.
- Deliver accurate and timely recording of patient information and processing of medical records.
- Maintain general administrative organisation of the central communication area within the department.
- Provide general administration support to the department and other staff including doctors.
This position involves 1 afternoon shift per week, 1700 - 2100 . An opportunity exists to work extra hours and train in the Emergency Department clerical roles to cover leave for the department's frontline officers.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary and Permanent Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
- Demonstrated reception/administrative experience working in a busy environment with proven capacity to show initiative, problem solving, prioritisation and attention to detail.
- Proven well-developed interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven experience working with database systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, patient confidentiality.
- Evidence of a flexible approach and ability to adapt to change.