Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Nurse Mgr Gde 3
Remuneration: $121,216.04 - $123,464.93 pa
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64103
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is a state-wide Specialty Health Network delivering health care to adults and young people in contact with the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems across community, inpatient and custodial settings. An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic applicant to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. Challenge yourself; why not consider working within our unique health care environment.
• We offer great Salary packaging and Fitness Passport to eligible staff to enhance benefits.
• Additional Allowances apply to this position - $3.4704 per hour
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
The Operational Nurse Manager is responsible for the operational management at Long Bay Hospital. This will involve the management and coordination of the multidisciplinary team at Long Bay Hospital.
The Operational Nurse Manager works with the Nurse Managers to operationalise bed management and patient flow across the Network. The Operational Nurse Manager will work with the Nurse Manager Operations, Access & Demand Management, Nursing Unit Managers, Nurse Managers, Local Health Districts/Networks and Corrective Services NSW (CSNSW) to provide support and effective patient access and demand management across the Network.
- Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Relevant tertiary post graduate qualifications in health management or a combination of study and work experience
- Significant experience working in a senior health management position managing inpatient operations within a multidisciplinary team
- Previous patient access/flow management experience and ability to identify key issues related to patient flow management and experience in the application of quality improvement and risk management principles.
- Proven high level written and verbal communication skills, including the preparation of reports.
- Experience in policy development and budget management
- Excellent leadership skills and the capacity to manage and develop teams and liaise with other health professionals and external stakeholders, together with the ability to develop clinical managers and clinical leaders.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the values of the Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Shaun Connolly on Shaun.Connolly@justicehealth.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 10 September 2018