Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $62,619 - $87,926 pa
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64058
The Far West Local Health District makes up the western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia, Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated resident population of 30,099, employing over 800 staff across 10 facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness Respect, and Empowerment.
Are you up for living and working in the beautiful and rural NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting? Check us out at http://bit.ly/fwlhdcareers. You can also find us on Facebook.What you'll be doing
As part of the Adult Community Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Service provide Specialist Older Persons Mental Health Services involving community based intervention and consultation for older people who have mental health problems, or who may be at high risk of developing mental health problems.
Skills and Knowledge
- Current nursing registraion with the Auustralian Health Professinals Regulation Authority (AHPRA) with a minimum of two years' clinical experience in mental health.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health services in a community setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of the specialist field of psychogeriatric including dementias and the Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the recovery model and patient centred care for older persons.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that engenders mutual respect in a cross cultural environment.
- Demonstrated clinical problem solving skills and ability to work with complex presentations as an independent clinician and as part of a multidisciplinary team with a commitment to working with service partners including carers and NGO’s.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both written and verbal, with intermediate computer skills, including use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Current licence to drive in NSW.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Sarah Koronis on Sarah.Koronis@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 10/09/2018