Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Hospital Assistant Grade 3
Remuneration: $24.84 per hour
Location: Mona Vale Hospital
Requisition ID: REQ64056
What you'll be doing
To provide food and patient support services to patients. This service contributes to the total health care needs and expectations of patients of the NSW Health system and must be provided in accordance with the standards and requirements for the safe and efficient provision of food and patient support services in the NSW health system.
Where you’ll be working
HealthShare NSW provides support services to the NSW health system. An organisation of over 6,500 staff, our services include food and patient support, linen, patient transport, procurement and logistics, and financial and employee transactions. We are the largest provider of these services in Australia. For more information please visit www.healthshare.nsw.gov.au
HealthShare NSW values diversity.
If you are a person with disability and require information or specific arrangements to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Disability Employment Leader by email HSNSW-DisabilityEmployment@health.nsw.gov.au
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person and would like some more information about applying for a role within HealthShare NSW, please contact one of our Aboriginal Workforce Consultants on 1800 004 546 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination
This is a NSW Health Category A position. All Category A applicants must read, understand and agree to comply with Policy Directive PD2011_005 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specified Diseases. Preferred applicants must provide evidence of protection against specified diseases prior to appointment and medical practitioner costs to determine protection is covered by the applicant.
Preferred applicants must also participate in a Pre-Employment Health Assessment (PEHA)
- Demonstrated experience in food preparation services and a knowledge of food preparation, and hygiene and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial cleaning services or similar.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read and write, understand and carry out written instructions in English
- Experience using electronic devices such as computers or iPads, or willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to work to a 7 day rotating roster timetable in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to the provision of high level quality and customer focused services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Work Health and Safety and Manual Handling Principles.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Josephine Craig on Josephine.Craig@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 19 September