Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Classification: Midwifery Unit Mgr Lvl 2
Remuneration: $115528.57 - $115528.57 pa
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ64038
The Far West Local Health District makes up the western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia, Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated resident population of 30,099, employing over 800 staff across 10 facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness Respect, and Empowerment.
Are you up for living and working in the beautiful and rural NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting? Check us out at http://bit.ly/fwlhdcareers. You can also find us on Facebook.What you'll be doing
Lead and direct an appropriate and safe standard of care within a multidisciplinary team for all patients within the Unit.
Skills and Knowledge
- Current Midwifery registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with tertiary qualifications in nursing and/or health management with a minimum of three years post graduate experience.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to negotiate resolutions and manage conflict.
- Proven ability to create and maintain a positive workplace culture and articulate and achieve a vision for nursing services in the critical care environment.
- Demonstrated focus on service excellence through the ability to read and act on issues quickly, decisively and effectively. Demonstrated ability to apply and share professional expertise to enhance patient/client care. Demonstrated ability to guide others to analyse problems and apply a range of solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the human, physical and financial resources of the unit are managed to deliver safe and efficient health care within available resources.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, coach, mentor, encourage and guide others to enable them to reach their full potential and effectively adapt to ongoing change within a multidisciplinary group with broad clinical experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and ability to use a variety of NSW Health computer applications (e.g. word processing, excel and databases).
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kathryn Morrison on Kathryn.Morrison@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 24/09/2018