Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Snr Hospital Scientist I/C of Section
Remuneration: $97,719.00 - $103,795.00
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ63980
If you are interested in developing your career as a Hospital Scientist in Tranfusion then this position will provide a unique career opportunity in a technical, training and supervisory capacity. We are seeking an enthusuastic and driven Hospital Scientist with extensive Transfusion experience to join the team at our Sutherland Laboratory, collaborating with other NSW Health Pathology Laboratories and the Sutherland Hospital.
Where you'll be working
You'll be working at our Sutherland Laboratory but as part of the collaborative role will be required to attend other sites within our organisation as required.
The Sutherland Laboratory is comprised of a small team of staff who are multi-disciplinary. The laboratory provides a 24/7 service to the Sutherland Hospital. Teamwork is inherent to the operation of the laboratory.
What you'll be doing
Responsible for the management of scientific, technical and support staff, all testing and associated activities and logistics for the Transfusion section. The position oversees the quality, cost and operational integrity of the department, regulatory compliance and accreditation of laboratory services in the department, human resource, business and resource management.
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand Policy Directive PD2011_005 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Diseases. All new recruits must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. New recruits must provide evidence against specified diseases and comply with the requirements of this policy at their own cost prior to appointment.
An eligibility list will be created for future permanent full time / part time, temporary and casual vacancies.
Applicants may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
This position is a permanent position. To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency. Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa.
- Bachelor Degree or higher degree in Science/Biomedical Science or an equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- Customer focused approach displaying well-developed interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, patients and clinical and laboratory staff, along with report writing skills, statistical evaluation of scientific data and the ability to effectively communicate policies and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of accreditation frameworks, relevant standards and quality systems
- Demonstrated managerial skills with experience in laboratory operations, administration and budgeting
- Advanced knowledge of Pathology Laboratory Information Systems including supervision of e-based Quality Management Systems
- Extensive high level knowledge of working within the relevant section of the laboratory with knowledge of the operation and maintenance of analytical equipment in a pathology laboratory
- Sound understanding of legislation, policies and requirements that impact the laboratory environment including work health and safety and privacy requirements
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Ingrid Solomons on Ingrid.Solomons@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 16 September 2018