Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract - Full Time (2 years)
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 2
Remuneration: $95,426 - $113,183
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ63938
Where you'll be working
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference in Cancer Control in NSW
- Build your skills whilst working as part of a dynamic team to improve the health of the population and reduce the incidence of cancer
- Seeking an opportunity to contribute to and deliver comprehensive, evidence-based smoking cessation projects to reduce smoking rates in NSW
The Cancer Institute NSW is Australia’s first state wide cancer control agency, established in 2003 to lessen the impact of cancer across the state.
Working at the Cancer Institute NSW means joining a team of committed and dedicated staff who are proud to be a part of the Institute’s purpose of overseeing and accelerating the effectiveness of cancer control in NSW.
The Cancer Institute is a collaborative working environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in how we work and the way we work together. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Greater consideration will be given to suitable applicants, in order to improve access to employment and career opportunities (GSE Rule 26).What you'll be doing
In this role you will be required to deliver a range of projects, contracts and services to contribute to the achievement of strategic and operational objectives for the Tobacco Control Portfolio. You wil have demonstrated experience in co-ordinating projects from concept phase to closure, good stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage competng priorities and resources.
For your application to be consideredPlease respond to the pre-screening questions below and attach a covering letter, your resume and no more than 2 pages addressing the essential requirements of the role which are outlined in the role description (see link below).
- Please outline how your skills and experience match the 'focus capabilities' in the role description. (The capabilities in bold are the focus capabilities for this role.)
- Please outline your experience with an example of a project you have delivered when working with competing timeframes and multiple stakeholders.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
Applications Close: Sunday, 16 September at 11.59 pm
The Ministry of Health will be relocating the Cancer Institute to St Leonards in mid-2020.
The Cancer Institute NSW is unable to offer salary packaging and salaries will be negotiated in line with experience and the suitability of the role.
The Cancer Institute NSW welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities. Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health. For more information please visit www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au.
Please indicate if you have any accessibility requirements in your application or speak with the contact person should you be called for an interview. We provide reasonable adjustment for people with a disability during the recruitment process and during their employment.
To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.