Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Clinician Lvl 1
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ63862
Please Note: There are 2 permanent fulltime positions available.
What you'll be doing
The position exists within the Youth Mental Health stream of children and Young Peoples Mental Health Service. The service provides assertive outreach and intensive case management, specifically aimed at engaging young people aged 12-24 years experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems/disorders. Clinical interventions incorporate evidence based practice with a focus on early intervention, recovery and family engagement and support. CYPMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion.
This position is graded as:
- Health and Community Employees Psychologists (State) Award - Psychologist
- NSW Health Service Health Professional s (State) Award - Social Worker or
- Occupational Therapist, Counselling and Welfare level 1/2
- Public Health System Nurses and Midwives (State) Award - Registered Nurse
- Degree qualification/s and AHPRA registered in either Nursing or Psychology or Occupational Therapy, or Degree qualification in either Social Work or Social Science and a current Australian Driver's License.
- Post graduate experience working within a Mental Health or Child and Adolescent Mental Health service.
- Experience working within a crisis intervention model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the mental health needs of young people (12-24 years) and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of community partners including General Practitioners
- Experience in collaborative partnerships with government or non-government Organisations
- Demonstrated understanding of how the District is Caring for the Coast and how this role would contribute