Applications Close: 16 September 2018
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Speech Pathologist Level 3
Remuneration: $97,708 - $100,979
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ63800
What you'll be doing
To provide high quality comprehensive speech pathology services to the patients, clients, and carers of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD), in order to promote optimal health outcomes.
The senior speech pathologist is also responsible for assisting the unit head and clinical leaders to supervise staff, assist with operational and professional matters, and to maintain a positive workplace culture.
This position will be required to work weekends and public holidays.
Position is for community stroke rehabilitation and inpatient acute stroke unit at Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital. Job share to be considered.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary and Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
- Tertiary degree in speech pathology (or equivalent) with eligibility for practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication, and strong computer literacy skills.
- Extensive experience independently managing adult inpatient and/or outpatient caseloads in acute and/or rehabilitation settings.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, time management, and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff and/or students.
- Demonstrated experience participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of local service delivery incorporating the quality improvement process and evidence based practice.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence and willingness to travel for work purposes.