Employment Type: Temporary Part Time
Position Classification: Hospital Assist Gde 2
Remuneration: $48,498 pa
Hours Per Week: 10
Requisition ID: REQ63743
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is a state-wide Specialty Health Network delivering health care to adults and young people in contact with the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems across community, inpatient and custodial settings. An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic applicant to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. Challenge yourself; why not consider working within our unique health care environment.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An opportunity is now available for an experienced and reliable assistant to work with the Domestic Services team in the successful delivery of inpatient services at Long Bay Correctional Complex. Duties will include a broad range of general housekeeping duties, distribution of meals and refreshments. The successful candidates will enjoy being part of a dedicated team that seeks to build a quality reputation around service delivery in a new era of health care in NSW. The Patient Services Assistant (PSA) is responsible for cleaning, meal preparation, distribution, linen and waste management services in the Long Bay Hospital and related areas. It may involve delivery of parcels on and off campus.
- Demonstrated experience in cleaning, catering, waste management and linen services.
- Knowledge of HACCP principles and practices, knowledge of cook/chill procedures and demonstrated knowledge of food handling and hygiene procedures. Completion of food handling/food hygiene certificate.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated skills in organisational ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Ability to work a 7 days rotating roster, including morning & afternoon shifts.
- Hold a C class drivers licence to drive in NSW
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Altaf Ahmad on Altaf.Ahmad@justicehealth.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 10 September 2018