Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Dental Assist Gde 2
Remuneration: $61,339 - $67,538 p.a
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ65583
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is a state-wide Specialty Health Network delivering health care to adults and young people in contact with the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems across community, inpatient and custodial settings. An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic applicant to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. Challenge yourself; why not consider working within our unique health care environment.
The Justice health & Forensic Mental Health Network (JH&FMHN) Dental Assistant is responsible for supporting the dental clinician in the provision of high standard dental services to patients in Correctional Centres across New South Wales. Dental Assistants are required to work at several sites across the Metropolitan area with the requirement to travel to rural sites up to one week in a four week roster period. The home base for this position is the Long Bay complex, Malabar. You may be rostered to work in other correctional centres in the Sydney Metropolitan area, and travel to rural locations requiring overnight stays.
• We offer great Salary packaging and Fitness Passport to eligible staff to enhance benefits.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- A nationally recognised Dental Assisting Certificate at Certificate IV Level or equivalent.
- Experience as a dental assistant across a range of general and specialised dental procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of Infection Control principles in the Oral Health setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as be an effective member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good computer skills with experience with patient information management systems, word processing, spreadsheets and email
- An understanding of and commitment to the goals and values of the Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network.
- Class C Driver Licence with the ability and willingness to travel for work purposes.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Samantha Cook on Samantha.Cook@justicehealth.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 19 September 2018