- Location: Parramatta (travel required to other locations)
- Full time
The Parramatta Eels Football Club is seeking an experienced individual for the role of Head Physiotherapist to join our professional sports organisation in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
About the role:
Reporting to The Head of Performance, the successful candidate will provide comprehensive physiotherapy services to the Parramatta Eels NRL players. The successful candidate will also be required to coordinate the medical services for NRL and NYC contracted players.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team with the transition to the new Western Sydney Stadium for 2019.
Key elements of the role:
- Providing all aspects of physiotherapy care to Parramatta Eels NRL Squad including injury prevention, treatment and management
- Weekly pre-season and in-season screening of NRL squad players
- Weekly report detailing status and progress of each squad member
- Attending all NRL squad on-field training sessions
- Coordinate all injury prevention strategies for NRL squad
- Coordinate a multi-disciplinary approach to injury prevention and treatment
- Monitor and measure KPI’s regarding injury risk and report to relevant staff
- Utilise worldwide best practice technologies to advance player injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Coordinate physiotherapy staff development and training to ensure department wide progression
- Ensure department progression and improve rehabilitation standards in accordance with worldwide best practice
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters is preferred
- Significant passion for athletic performance and injury rehabilitation and proven record of accomplishment with athletes in this area
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- 5 years minimum industry specific experience
- Previous experience in managing an elite physiotherapy team
- Previous experience working with elite teams in the area of advanced sports specific rehabilitation
- Post Graduate qualifications in Sports Physiotherapy or other area
- Experience with rugby league/union athletes
To apply for this position click on the 'Apply for this Job' button below
Applications Close: 30th August 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check, we thank you for your understanding.
Parramatta National Rugby League Club Pty Limited and Parramatta Leagues Club Limited are Equal Opportunity Employers