Purpose of Position
The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for the provision of quality nursing care to the patients in their care, placing emphasis on the medical/psychosocial/spiritual needs of the patients and be mindful of the needs of the relative and/or carers.
1) Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2) Current acute hospital post graduate clinical nursing experience in the perioperative (Operating Theatre) environment.
3) Competent in basic life support, completed DETECT or a commitment to complete with 3 months of employment.
4) Competent computer skills including understanding of computer programs relevant to the acute Health care setting.
5) Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
6) Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the principles of the EQuIP process.
7) Ability and willingness to participate in an on call roster and multiskill in all areas in the perioperative environment.
8) Current licence to drive in NSW.