Purpose of Position
The Registered Nurse:
provides high quality evidence based physical and mental health care to patients, their families and carers within a recovery framework;
works collaboratively with relevant members of the multidisciplinary team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care to ensure optimal outcomes for patients; and
participates in Quality activities conducted within clinical setting.
1. Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
2. Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and practice of consumer, family and carer participation and consumer focused care.
3. Effective communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
4. Demonstrated commitment to own personal and professional development.
5. Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality patient care.
6. Have an awareness of the needs of people with mental illness and understanding of the NSW Mental Health Act 2007.
7. Demonstrated computer literacy.