- Part time or full time position (negotiable)
- Generous salary packaging and flexible hours/days of work
- 3 month fixed term position with potential to increase hours and lead to permanent sessions
- New and exciting time of growth and change
- Located in Box Hill near transportation hub
We are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within our Ageing Well Program at Carrington Health (Whitehorse Community Health Service Ltd), providing occupational therapy services to individuals, families and groups within the City of Whitehorse and surrounding areas. Funded by the State HACC and Commonwealth CHSP programs. You will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to provide clinical services in the home and community of eligible clients including the frail elderly, people with physical and intellectual disabilities, and people with degenerative neurological conditions.
We are looking for a candidate who is appointed on a 3 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension and increase in hours. Candidates with minimum 3 years clinical experience will be considered.
How will you know if this is the right opportunity for you?
- You have a relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy and current Registration with AHPRA.
- You have clinical experience working in a community setting, preferably in a community health setting with older people and those with a disability.
- You are passionate about client outcomes – and able to apply the principles of wellness, restorative care and reablement to support skill development, independence and empowerment of clients.
- You are flexible and adaptive to new service models and keen to drive service development initiatives.
- Must have current SWEP registration (preference for red rating).
In Victoria, Carrington Health is recognised as an industry leader in the delivery of innovative primary health care services. We have a demonstrated record of working with communities to strengthen the health and wellbeing of the local population.
Carrington Health is committed to creating and maintaining a fair and inclusive working environment which fosters diversity among employees, and aims to provide a sustainable work-life balance which encourages staff to maintain work-life balance throughout their career.
Carrington Health Awards
- Proud Winner of the Australian Centre for Healthcare Governance - Excellence Award 2014
- Proud Winner of the Whitehorse Business Group, City of Whitehorse Mayoral & Community Awards 2014
- Proud Winner of the Bendigo Community Bank Award for Excellence for a Community Organisation (Whitehorse Excellence in Business Award) 2014
- Proud winner of the Victorian Healthcare Annual Award - Inspiring Health Leadership 2016
Why work at Carrington Health?
- We are a leading provider in a growing industry
- We live by our values of Collaboration, Equity, Innovation and Integrity
- Be a part of what has been defined as passionate, positive, friendly, engaged and honest working environment
- Utilise your expertise and skills in an innovative and rewarding way
- We want the best for the community, make a difference to others lives
- We value innovation and are always looking for new and improved ways of doing things
- We have ongoing learning and development opportunities
- We have a family friendly and supportive workplace culture offering a great work life balance and flexible working arrangements
- We have generous salary packaging options
The position reports directly to Kym Torresi and initial enquiries should be directed to 03 8843 2224 or [email protected].
Salary is in accordance with the Victorian Stand Alone Community Health Centres, Health Professionals Multi-Employer Enterprise Agreement 2012-2016 (‘the Agreement’), dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position the application form on our website must be completed. This can be found at http://www.carringtonhealth.org.au/careers/overview along with the Position Description. Please forward your Cover Letter, CV and completed Application Form to [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications close Monday 10 July at 9:00 am.