Purpose of Position
This position will oversee the activities and performance of the range of vocational training networks that HETI supports. The networks have been established across NSW to ensure medical vocational trainees are getting a quality education and training experience. Networks involve a collaboration of hospitals in which trainees rotate through different sites to ensure a comprehensive training environment. Supported networks include Basic Physician Training, Paediatrics, Advanced General Medicine, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, Medical Administration and Radiology.
To improve the health of NSW and the working lives of NSW Health staff through education and training
A world-class workforce for NSW Health which supports improved health outcomes
HETI’s Value Proposition:
Education and Training for Excellent Health Care: patient centred; learner focused; service partners; connecting people.
The people who work at HETI work as a collaborative team with the NSW Health CORE values at the heart of what we do. We recognise our role in responding to NSW Health training priorities and in supporting our partners to deliver quality education and training. We aim to consistently deliver high quality training resources and experiences that respond to partner needs and focus on care.
A Statutory Organisation:
The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) is a public health organisation established on 2 April 2012 under the Health Services Act 1997, to ensure training and workforce development within the NSW Health Service is of an appropriate standard and meets the operational and service needs of the NSW public health system.
We are responsible for the professional development of clinical and nonclinical staff, trainers and supervisors across NSW Health. HETI works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, which include local health districts and specialty networks, professional colleges, universities and other providers of clinical and non-clinical education and leadership and management development.
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health, Education or Business Management or equivalent, and extensive, relevant professional experience.
2. Demonstrated high level communication and consultation skills in a complex environment with the ability to effectively manage and influence with stakeholders at a local and state level.
3. Extensive project management experience with high level program and project management skills encompassing all phases from design to evaluation.
4. Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to accurately interpret complex information and to effectively and efficiently convey findings for a range of audiences.
5. Demonstrated ability to engender enthusiasm, work collaboratively and effectively with executive, managers, other team members and other portfolios within the organisation, in addition to stakeholders across various partner areas such as hospitals, LHDs and education institutions.
6. Excellent people management skills with the ability to successfully manage, coach and develop individuals and contribute to forming diverse, flexible and effective teams characterized by high levels of staff morale, career progression and work performance.