Purpose of Position
The Manager Integrated Chronic Care Strategies provides leadership, direction and management in coordinating the Directorate’s strategies at a District level for a range of Chronic Care Strategies including Integrated Care for People with Chronic Conditions, Chronic Care for Aboriginal People, Carer Support Program, Commonwealth Home Support Program, and a range of projects relating to Chronic Conditions. The role includes working in partnership with other District and Site Managers across primary, ambulatory and inpatient settings to redesign services to meet the changing needs of the communities and to achieve better value care. The role also includes developing strong and sustainable external partnerships with a range of organisations including Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, Primary Health Network and NGOs.
1) Tertiary qualifications in health related discipline or equivalent experience in management of health programs or services at a District Level specifically focused on chronic conditions.
2) Understanding of the NSW Public Health system and contemporary health issues; particularly in relation to Primary and Ambulatory models of health care in a rural environment.
3) Extensive experience at a senior level in the NSW Public Health system, with demonstrated ability to manage multidisciplinary teams and influence other health professionals.
4) Excellent strategic planning and policy development skills; including a demonstrated ability to use data to inform planning, evaluation and performance management.
5) Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal communication skills; including the ability to negotiate with a range of stakeholders.
6) Effective organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities whilst meeting deadlines; including time management, delegation and project management skills.
7) Current licence to drive in NSW and willingness to travel across the Western NSW LHD.